Thursday, July 8, 2010

O Canada CON?

While I'm not sure how many Canadian Objectivists there are, or how many even visit this site I though I would ask if anyone would be interested in a Canadian version of the OCON event going on now south of the border.

Now I'm not suggesting that it would involve anything as extravagant as renting a floor in the Chateau Laurier (though given time it might be able to grow into that), hell I'd be happy with (and was actually thinking of) a weekend of camping by a nice lake somewhere shooting the philosophical breeze with like minded people...

As for events, perhaps Paul McKeever could be convinced to host a lecture or something, and I'm sure there are passionate Canadian O'ists out there who could be convinced to give a short talk followed by a collaborative bull session on subjects near and dear to them.

Couple that with good food, beautiful scenery and stimulating people, or any combination thereof, and I'd say you have the makings of a really good time.

Let me know if your interested...

P.S. Our Objectivist friends wherever they may be from would be most welcome of course.

Cheers,
Zip

1 comment:

blueyedviking said...

I've been looking at your blog and came across this article. I am a Canadian Objectivist and I think something like this would be a great idea. Unfortunately, we are financially strapped Objectivists so we have no money for any type of vacation at this time, or even in the near future, so we wouldn't be able to attend. Mostly just wanted to let you know that there are other Canadian Objectivists :)