Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Part I: Truth be told, I really don’t care.

Yep, that’s a fact. I don’t care what you do, when, how, where, why or with whom, just so long as you don’t hurt anyone else.

I don’t care if you want to live in a polygamous relationship

I don’t care if you want to drink to excess, smoke pot, inject heroin or snort cocaine.

I don’t care if you and your homosexual or lesbian partner “marry".

Read my lips… I don’t Care!

What I cannot tolerate however, is the rejection of personal responsibility for any of these choices or my being compelled by an overbearing busybody government to support them.

If you snort coke and kill someone while in a drug induced rage then you should be punished to the fullest extent of the law for the crime of murder. The coke may be why you did it but it was you, and you alone that committed the crime.

If you run down a teenager in your Caddy because you’ve had one too many highballs at the office Christmas party then you, not the company or the bartender should be charged with vehicular manslaughter and go to jail for a very, very long time.

If you have 100 spouses, you and they must be willing and able to sort out the legal ramifications of custody, support and alimony should the whole thing go down the toilet.

So whatever decision you make, however you decide to live your life and however those decisions impact you, I would remind you of one simple fact.

I don’t care.

No comments: