Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Let the Shrugging Begin...

Dear Mr. Liddy...
"I take this action after 11 years of dedicated, honorable service to A.I.G. I can no longer effectively perform my duties in this dysfunctional environment, nor am I being paid to do so. Like you, I was asked to work for an annual salary of $1, and I agreed out of a sense of duty to the company and to the public officials who have come to its aid. Having now been let down by both, I can no longer justify spending 10, 12, 14 hours a day away from my family for the benefit of those who have let me down."
That's depressing, but the most depressing thing was that this guy berates Libby for not standing up to Congress and then folds like a cheap suit saying he'll donate all his hard earned pay to charity.

Think about it...

The very idea that led to his betrayal by his company and his government in the first place is the idea that his success, his effort and his skill is an embarrassment!

The concept being snuck into this equation is that because he is skilled, driven and successful he owes "those suffering from the global economic downturn"! Because he is able, successful, smart, productive and driven his entire life is mortgaged!!!

What a travesty.

He should have given the whole lot a single finger salute and moved himself and his entire family to some Caribbean tax haven till the US comes back to it's senses, capitalism, the constitution and the rule of law.

No comments: